Our UK Charity - The AACT
The Arjan Ala Charitable Trust, formerly known as "Friends of the Iranian Haemophilia Society", is formally registered with the UK Charity Commission (Registration number 1089999).
The members of the Board of Trustees
are drawn from among experts in the field, or have been appointed because of
their personal qualities and connections:
- Professor Edward Tuddenham, Director of the Medical Research Council Haemostasis Research Group & Professor of Haemostasis, Imperial College School of Medicine, London.
- Dr. Saíd Enayat PhD, Head of the Molecular Haemostasis Laboratory, Haematology Department, Birmingham Childrens' Hospital, West Midlands.
- Mr. Aliakbar Tchupan, President of the Iranian Haemophilia Society, and Member of the World Federation of Haemophilia Executive Committee.
- Mr. Farsheed Khalátbari, late Chairman of the Popli Khalátbari Charitable Foundation. The PKCF has been a consistent and material supporter of our Charity.
- Dr. Fereydoun Ala, FRCP, FRCPath, Chairman of Trustees and Hon. President of the Iranian Haemophilia Comprehensive Care Centre in Tehran.
The Charity Aid Foundation America (CAFAmerica) has approved the AACT as eligible to receive grants in aid. This useful development will enable potential donors in the USA to make tax-deductible gifts in our support.
The AACT has collected substantial charitable donations since its inception in 2002, amounting to a total of some $250,000, for use in the direct purchase of laboratory reagents, equipment, and the provision of training grants to the Iranian Haemophilia Comprehensive Care Centre in Tehran.